We’re thrilled to share our new lemon-glazed lemon cookies recipe. We’re so happy with the outcome! These lemon cookies are perfect with coffee, tea, or milk.
Snacks for our little guy and his guest.
This Saturday was a quite and lazy day for us. For our little guy, today was about having a buddy over for some video game play and Lego.
You can’t play a whole afternoon without snacks, right? I wanted to make something for the boys to enjoy. Time to bake a treat… lemon cookies!
Piece of cake… or piece of lemon cookie?
Our little guy loves our lemon cake, so I created a similarly flavoured bite-sized snack version of it.
As much as we sometimes reach for a bag of store-bought cookies, the truth is that it’s actually quite simple and quick to whip up a delicious batch of cookies at home. This recipe is a perfect example of that! It’s a “piece of cake” (figuratively speaking).
Add a little zest to your life with these simple and delicious lemon cookies. Pucker up and eat well, friends.
Lemon-Glazed Lemon Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cream the butter and both sugars on medium high in a stand mixer bowl, until light and fluffy. About 4 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce the mixer speed to medium and add one egg at-a-time. Mix for about 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla, and continue mixing for another minute.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and carefully add the flour.
- Mix for 1 to 2 minutes or until the ingredients are well incorporated into a cookie dough.
- Scoop large teaspoon portions onto the baking sheet (I like to use a small spring loaded ice-cream scoop to make it faster and consistent in size).
- Leave about an inch and a half between each cookie. Fill up a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 13 minutes and remove from oven.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Finish baking remaining cookies.
- Once the cookies are cool, prepare the lemon glaze.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter on medium.
- Add the lemon juice and powdered sugar, and whisk until completely combined.
- Keep whisking until the glaze is very smooth. About 3 to 4 minutes.
- As soon as the glaze is ready, carefully drizzle the glaze over the cookies. Feel free to get creative with the drizzling!
- Let the cookies and glaze cool another 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!