Salmon is a fish that almost everyone likes… even people who say they don’t really like fish. Maybe because it’s sold boneless (thank you!), it doesn’t smell fishy, it’s easy to find at the grocery store, or maybe it’s because it’s reasonably priced. Whatever the reason, it’s a fairly popular fish, and in our house, it’s often a go-to option for dinner.
During a recent visit to our local Longo’s grocery store, the fresh salmon caught Nelson’s eye. They had wild salmon on sale and he said it looked so good!
For Nelson, the most difficult part of cooking salmon is deciding how he’s going to cook it. He’s barbequed it, baked it, steamed it, and so on. He’s made it with maple marinade, dijon based sauce, honey sauce and too many other ways to mention here. This time around, he decided to go with lime and fresh dill. He’s often made this dish with lemon, so the lime juice was a nice, subtle twist.
Dinner was ready in no time. Nelson topped the salmon with spices, fresh dill and lime juice, then he tossed it in the oven and cooked rice in the 15 minutes it took to bake the fish. Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy…as our little guy likes to say.
A perfectly simple and delicious dinner that had us going back for seconds.
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
- 2 lbs wild salmon filet cut into 4-5 portions (roughly 10oz portions)
- 2 tbs + 2 tbs extra version olive oil
- 3 tbs lime juice
- 1.5 tsp course salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp lime rind
- 3 tbs finely chopped fresh dill
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Pour 2 tbs of olive oil on the tin foil and brush all over the tin foil.
- Place the pieces of salmon on the baking sheet with some space between each piece.
- With a small sharp pointed knife, poke each piece 4 or 5 times.
- Pour the lime juice evenly over all the pieces of salmon.
- Pour the remaining 2 tbs of olive oil over the salmon.
- Sprinkle the course salt and ground pepper.
- Sprinkle the lemon rind and then the dill evenly.
- Place the tray in the hot oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, plate and serve with your favourite side dish.
Leave a Reply